Interested in joining our team? At Commonsense, we employ people with an interest in organics and environmental issues, as well as retail skills. We train staff on the importance of organic certification and invite them to attend a one-day workshop at Common Property, the organic market garden owned by our founders Jim and Marion.
Online applications can be made at any time. Apply now! We'll get back to you if we wish to pursue your application further. Please note that we receive a high number of applications and will not necessarily respond to them all.
From time-to-time we advertise specific roles in our stores & operations. Please scroll down to see if there any currently on offer.
Grocery Department Manager - Wellington City Store
Title - Department Manager
Type - Full time permanent
We are currently seeking a Grocery Department Manager for our central Wellington branch.
- Delivery of excellent customer service
- Communicating information around organics, our products and our company trading principles to customers
- Demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism
- Training and directing a team of 10 staff
- Managing a large ordering portfolio
- Managing stock storage and movement
- Growing sales
- Merchandising to company standards
- Liaising with online shopping service
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong and successful background in retail, with experience in online shopping a bonus
- Have a passion for and knowledge of organics and sustainability issues
- Have a passion for and knowledge of foods, special diets, and allergies
- Have experience in training and managing staff
- Have ordering and stock management experience
- Be a confident, compassionate and motivating leader
- Be friendly, helpful and keen to engage with our customers
- Have a strong work ethic, energy and positivity, and drive to keep improving
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
Please email your C.V and covering letter to: