While these are a great alternative for those sensitive to gluten, these treats are full of goodness and needn't be limited to an annual occasion - they're great in lunchboxes too!
ANZAC Cookie Ingredients
- 80 g butter
- 2 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1/2 c unbleached sugar
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 c rice flakes
- 1/2 c gluten free flour (we used buckwheat flour but you could also use rice or quinoa flour or a packet mix too)
- 1/4 c coconut flour
ANZAC Cookie Instructions:
- Melt the butter, then add the rice syrup, molasses and sugar and stir.
- Bring the water to the boil in a separate pot and add the baking soda. Take it off the boil.
- In a small pan toast the coconut and rice flakes, remembering to stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Mix the flours and everything else together.
- Place fairly flat 4cm wide cookies on a baking tray, leaving 5cm space between each. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 180c.
Don't forget to sign up for our e-newsletter for specials, new products, articles and more delivered right to your inbox!