Due to popular demand, we have asked our chef, Scott to release this awesome recipe for our delicious lunch bar Quinoa Salad!
This salad is perfect for lunch, as an accompaniment to dinner, or as an impressive addition to your potluck repertoire. Give it a go for yourself.
Quinoa Salad with Tahini Dressing
Tahini vinaigrette dressing
- 7 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp apple syrup
- 1-1.5 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ½ - 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1tsp salt
- 11 tbsp sunflower oil (or whichever oil you prefer to use)
- 250g tahini dressing (above)
- 750g pumpkin seeds
- 500g salad mix – shredded (we use a mix of seasonally available: kale, carrot, mung bean sprouts, fennel, capsicum, beetroot, asparagus)
- 100g uncooked red quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa before cooking under a cold tap for about 2mins. Move the quinoa around to ensure it is fully rinsed.
- Pour quinoa into a pan and add 250ml water. Bring to the boil and let simmer for 15mins. When cooked, remove from heat and place in a bowl.
- Next, take all of the dressing ingredients and blend together until they form a smooth liquid.
- When the quinoa is cooled, mix it in to the shredded salad mix, then add pumpkin seeds and thoroughly mix in the dressing.
Don't forget to sign up for our e-newsletter for specials, recipes, new products, articles and more delivered right to your inbox!